The Quality Control Inspector (QC Inspector), under minimal supervision, is responsible for ensuring quality assurance standards are met in our Distribution Center (DC). This position ensures quality products and processes by enforcing company quality standards, testing materials, and product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all incoming material received at the DC meets 100% quality
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and
- Maintains and audits Master Sample library and
- Calibrate and maintain all equipment used in QC
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting, and returning unacceptable materials.
- Responsible for staging, photograph and test all incoming
- Responsible for creating incoming inspection
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all Documentation records, this includes NCMR’s, SOP’s and CAPA’s
- Continuous improvements in all QC documents and
- Approves outgoing materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating required adjustments to QC Manager.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Responsible for inspection and approval of raw material, production checks, process audits, packing, and finished products.
- Records quality results and report activity back to QC
- Responsible for in-house inspections for color drifts and aging
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Inspect all incoming RA and records all
- Responsible for image request from CC and Claims
- Responsible for conducting color matching lots and molding request from CC and Claims
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College Degree
- Microsoft Office Suite capabilities
- Ability to use ERP software (i.e., NetSuite)
- 3 years of experience in a Quality Control position
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably flooring industry
- Experience in an international plant operation preferred
- Able to work unsupervised
- Internally motivated
- Highly accountable
- Trustworthy and loyal
- Customer service focused
- Analytical skills
- Great communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Works well under pressure
The QC Inspector is expected to ensure quality control efforts including:
- Communicating effectively with all departments and Factories
- Inspecting and approving raw material
- Completing QC results as needed