This position will entail a passion for design and a sensibility that resonates with Duchateau Design Studio. The ideal candidate will have strong 2D/AutoCAD knowledge, as well as experience in custom cabinets and have a general understanding of interior design and construction.
- This position is a 100% on-site position, located in the Miramar/Mira Mesa area of San Diego.
- Pay range: $20 to $23 per hour, based on experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement the use of the Duchateau Design Studio drafting standards.
- Procedures relating to factory support.
- Knowledge of cabinet industry.
- Able to work independently with our team of designers on various projects.
- Produce detailed and assembly drawings for fabrication.
- Prioritize and manage drafting tasks to support various projects.
- Scheduled due dates for the project drawings.
- Attend design reviews and related project meetings (as requested).
- Coordinate drafting workload with project managers as needed to support the prevailing workload.
- Prepare weekly reports listing the projects pipeline.
- Walk-through of client’s home that are looking for addition and more.
- Estimate writing and selling of products and services.
- Budget planning advice and material sourcing.
- Detail construction material design plan.
- Detail hard materials list and call outs.
- Full estimate of specified materials
- Associate degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite capabilities
- Exceptional customer service standards
- One or more years’ experience in interior design to include familiarity with construction documents and interior design specifications
- Experience in remodeling houses
- Exterior design experience
- Proficiency in Auto-CAD. Revit a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated experience exceeding customer service standards
- Comfortable with client presentations, vendor communications and job site meetings
- Team player who is not hesitant of asking for help or helping others
- Ability to manage crisis situations with a positive attitude
- Interpersonal/Relationship builder
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Driven to execute with consistency