The Accounts Payable Specialist role will proactively support the Accounting team by assisting with AP inbox management, billing and invoicing, bank reconciliation, bill payments via credit card/check, Ad Hoc projects and AR.
This opportunity has an expected assignment length of 6-8 weeks. There is a possibility for this position to be extended beyond the expected assignment length, depending on business conditions.
- 30 to 40 hours per week between 8:30 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday with a 30-minute lunch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters bills in the system and creates new vendors.
- Assists with account reconciliations (expense reports, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations).
- Assists with payments via credit card and check.
- Assists with month end closing.
- Assist with other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) OR Associate’s degree in Accounting with relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to maintain top performance in highly demanding work environments.
- Ability to be thorough, yet highly efficient.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- 2-4 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles, chart of accounts and general ledger.
- Familiar with accounting/ERP Systems.
- Computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- NetSuite experience highly desired.
The Accounts Payable Specialist role is expected to be a team player and assist the Accounts Payable and the Accounts Receivable teams as needed.
Pay Rate: $17/hour