The Purchasing & Compliance Specialist, under limited supervision, performs inventory and MRO research, recording, reporting and other document exchange purchasing and allowances activities. Additional duties include cross-functional support as needed for the business as well as all compliance issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to Sr. Supply Chain Manager and coordinates domestic and international purchase
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of reports for the Sr. Supply Chain Manager.
- Generates inventory planning reports and makes recommendations for adjustments to stocking levels and purchasing schedules.
- Generates and adjusts supplier production plans and purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and the maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Compares customer order alignment with the demand forecasts, monitors inventory levels, and detects supply chain production issues that could cause delays in delivery of products.
- Coordinates the fulfillment process as liaison for Customer Care, vendor and warehouse.
- Manages documentation and follow up of US Federal compliance and state requirements and certification requirements with all vendors under the respective regions.
- Conducts due diligence of compliance requirements with vendors, chain of custody controls through the supply chain, and ensures appropriate documentation retained by all strategic partners.
- Review and maintenance of documents related to regulatory compliance, particularly as they relate to the Lacey Act, CARB Phase 2, and EPA Toxic Substance Control Act Title VI.
- Responsible for providing recommendations to management concerning the acceptance or rejection of materials based on applicable laws and regulations.
- Review product marketing materials, finished goods packaging, and other applicable labeling and documentation to meet regulatory requirements before material is provided to consumers, distributors, or retailers.
- Provides instruction to the vendors to meet all Duchateau and legal requirements, and coordinate with the vendor on resolving all exceptions as efficiently as possible.
- Documents all information from suppliers and shipping documents and upload and maintains them on NetSuite. Ensures all compliance documentation is completed.
- Quotes and manages on-demand and custom orders and manages them to completion and receipt by the warehouse.
- Maintains vendor and product databases, including inputting new vendor and product information and updating information for existing vendors and products as necessary.
- Assists in the rollout of products to optimize pipeline inventory, minimize obsolescence, and meet customer demand.
- Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Files appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- High School Graduate Diploma – Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Professional Purchasing Accreditation preferred.
- Fluent in English & Mandarin preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong math and writing skills
- Ability to navigate different business cultures
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply to work-flow
- Ability to follow through and be detail-oriented
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to understand supply chain and logistics concepts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Five years or more supply chain, procurement experience
- Worked cross functionally and supported multiple areas across the business
- Experience investigating, monitoring, and documenting compliance and/or warranty materials
- Flooring, Wood, construction, or similar industry experience highly desirable
- Experience working in an international manufacturing company preferred
- Track record of working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Experience working with an ERP System (i.e. NetSuite, NetStock)
- Experience working with team collaboration tools
- Internally Motivated
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong Communicator
The Purchasing & Compliance Specialist will add value to company operations by ensuring highly efficient purchasing and compliance document exchange controls. Providing accurate and well-developed inventory reports will enable company management to make better business decisions. By keeping all strategic partners honest and focused on our inventory performance goals Duchateau will benefit from these financial and operational successes.
Start Date: ASAP
Available Shift: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm