The Knowledge Manager is a brand information expert, acting as the primary go-to resource of product information for internal and external customers. In addition to product, the Knowledge Manager will expand the subject matter to other areas of information that supports the DUCHATEAU team. The primary communication vehicle will be short-form iPhone video, creating video content hosted on a company Vimeo channel. In addition, 1- sheet documents and other written support materials will be needed to create an online reference library. The Knowledge Manager is based at DUCHATEAU HQ.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Internal audiences: Build & develop short-form video assets visible for employees for frequently asked product questions, deeper technical information, interviews with subject matter experts, and other topics that add value to the overall organization.
- Expanded Knowledge: Created supplemental content beyond product information that would add value to the organization as a whole, such as consumer insights, trend information, or any other type of information that would be of interest to the team and broaden their understanding of the market.
- External audiences: Build & develop short-form video assets that are accessible to everyone on frequently asked product questions, product launch announcements and overview, and topics that would support conversion, such as the considerations on product selection.
- Ideal candidate is comfortable in front of a camera, has a natural charisma that is conveyed across to the viewer, and represents the DUCHATEAU brand in a professional manner.
- Familiar with video editing techniques such as adding title cards, and lighting.
- Works closely with Supply Chain and Product team to remain informed on the specifications of all products offered by DUCHATEAU.
- Works with internal and external resources to develop and maintain knowledge of the selection, installation, care, and maintenance of all DUCHATEAU products.
- Serves as a go to resource for product-specific questions for sales team and customer care, providing answer or researching if more information is needed to answer.
- Routinely polls Sales team and Customer Care to identify any gaps in product knowledge they might have that should be addressed.
- Host internal and external Zoom video calls to educate employees and/or partners about Duchateau products
- Provides ideal DUCHATEAU experience to all flooring/wall panel showroom visitors.
- Works with local DUCHATEAU Sales Representative to create scheduling and follow-up system for showroom visitors.
- Works with Samples team to maintain complete supply of all needed samples.
- Ensures flooring/wall panel area of showroom is always customer-ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or related field.
- Ability to write well and adjust messaging to a variety of audiences.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong team skills and team mentality.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to present DUCHATEAU and our products to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the creation of training material development and delivery
- Previous customer service or sales experience ideal
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to assist showroom visitors
- Flooring industry experience a plus
- Effective communicator
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Active listener
- Effective time management
- Extremely organized
Customer care and sales team are more confident in their product knowledge. All DUCHATEAU team members are able to access the video content and find it relevant and informative. Conversion to sales is higher as resistance and barriers to selling are removed with accurate and accessible information. Customer impression of brand is improved as we are able to answer questions quickly and efficiently, as reflected on NPI score.