An Associate Craftsman, under close supervision learns a variety of techniques to create woodworking products. This role will work with several material products involved in producing specialty commercial merchandise.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret instructions
- Prepare and set up machines and tooling for woodwork manufacturing
- Operate woodworking machines, including saws, milling and sanding machines
- Use chemicals to treat materials
- Treat the wood with various techniques including oiling, smoking, burning, brushing, scraping, and powdering
- Ensure products meet quality standards and project specifications
- Use hand tools to trim pieces or assemble products
- Verify accuracy of completed order
- Package product for shipment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) – Required
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must have steady hand-eye coordination
- Aptitude to perform accurate and precision work
- Dependable, team player and problem solver
- Demonstrate integrity and high standards.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Experience in woodworking or carpentry
- Warehouse manufacturing experience helpful
- Demonstrated basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in reading and verbally
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Trustworthy and loyal
- Strong work ethic
- Highly accountable
- Internally motivated
- Driven to execute with consistency
The Associate Craftsman is expected to ensure product quality for all orders produced in the department. The following results are expected:
- Ensure samples match the order
- Be the company expert on expected results
- Create a safe and clean working environment
- Know the proper treatment techniques to avoid waste