We are seeking an energetic and detail driven Accounting Clerk to join our team. This position will involve wearing multiple hats and working closely with all Accounting team members and Controller. The Accounting Clerk role is a key player as they will be proactively supporting the Accounting department with the various functions and daily operations of the Accounting. This includes maintenance and reconciliation of the accounting system and investigative work that spans across multiple departments within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for AP functions (AP inbox management, process vendor/supplier bills, 3-way match).
- Account reconciliations (expense reports, balance sheet accounts, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations).
- Inter-company transaction management and reconciliation.
- Prepare schedules and entries for fixed assets, accrued expenses and prepaid accounts.
- Assist with month end closing tasks.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Assist in other facets of the Accounting department where needed.
- Special projects as assigned from Accounting Manager, Controller and Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) or Associate’s degree in Accounting.
- Proven ability to maintain top performance in highly demanding work environments.
- Ability to be thorough, yet highly efficient and detailed.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- At least one year of experience in accounting with emphasis on GAAP.
- Familiar with accounting/ERP Systems (Netsuite experience highly desired).
- Computer skills; Must be intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, compounded formulas, complex spreadsheets) and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Manufacturing experience a plus (understands PO, IRs, 3-way match).
- Experience with inter-company transactions a plus.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, trustworthy and reliable
- Have a high quality standard of work
- Able to work productively with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent comprehension and retention
Start Date: ASAP
Shift: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Location: DUCHATEAU HQ – Mira Mesa Area